Professional Voice Coaching
With Voice Over Artist Tony Chen
Tony Chen provides vocal training for voice actors, screen actors, singers, Youtubers, and anyone interested in developing their voice. Learn how to train for voice acting, and other paid professional work.
Why Learn Voice Acting or Singing with Tony Chen?
- 15+ years of professional voice over experience
- An award-winning Hollywood music composer who specializes in great performance with accurate emotion and touching voice tone.
- Tony is bilingual in Standard Mandarin (Hong Kong or Taiwan, accent-free) and English with a British or Chinese accent.
- Learn an extensive range of delivery styles: Corporate, educational, elegant, intelligent, young & middle-aged, friendly, conversational, passionate, energetic, and animated
- Experience as a TV/Radio Presenter, including acting & musical-style singing in Chinese & English
- Clients include Disney, Universal Studios Hollywood, Microsoft, Dreamworks, NVIDIA, Cadbury's, and more
- Clients worldwide: US, Canada, Britain, Germany, France, Portugal, Spain, Denmark, Taiwan, Singapore, Australia, Brazil, and more.
Who Can Benefit from Tony Chen’s Coaching?
Tony’s vocal training is best for voice actors, but people in many kinds of professions can benefit. Whether beginner, intermediate, or advanced, all skill levels are welcome.
- Voice actors, screen actors, and stage actors
- Presenters, instructors, and public speakers
- Actors who would like training in different characters or voice styles
- People looking to start a career or side hustle in voice acting
- Anyone nervous when recording and hosting in front of the camera
- Anyone with an acting or singing voice that hasn’t been explored or trained.
Tony's Voice Demos
What You’ll Learn in Tony’s Vocal and Voice Training
Tony’s voice over (VO) classes are fully designed to teach VO in English or Mandarin Chinese, whether you’re a native or non-native speaker of those languages. Tony will teach voice techniques and cover many aspects of voice-over business, including recording, producing voice demos, and finding voice over talent agencies, as long as you can communicate in English or Chinese.
Voice training is not just for voice actors. Tony offers singing coaching for beginners and amateurs looking to sing in Mandarin Chinese or English. For other languages, Tony will give you lessons only on voice techniques as well as other aspects of singing production, such as using microphones, recording, and editing.
Anyone who wishes to learn more about how to get a better recording quality, how to improve their editing skills, how to produce a professional quality demo, or about the business side of the voice over industry can benefit from voice coaching lessons by Tony Chen.
How Does Voiceover Coaching Work?
Each 1-on-1 private voiceover/singing coaching session is done via Zoom or Google Meet, and can be planned to focus on any genre you want to work on: commercials, narration, animation, audiobooks, video games, and more. Alternatively, you may choose to follow a custom curriculum.
What Do You Need to Prepare?
Depending on your focus for each session, you'll need the Zoom or Google Meet app, a microphone, scripts to study and rehearse, and/or a song with the sheet music you need to sing and practice.
(Note: This is a high-end professional vocal training course, primarily for voice actors or other aspiring professionals who really want to improve in their field. If you are not willing and able to dedicate yourself, our course may not be suitable for you.)
Start Your Journey With a Free Consultation for Fully Personalized Voice Training
Sign up for a free consultation. We’ll cover a few of these common questions and topics:
- How to make your voice performance and on-camera performance natural, convincing, and with the right emotion
- How to deal with different manuscripts, program types and styles, live chat interaction, and finding inspiration
- How to make your pronunciation clearer and more professional, and remove unwanted nasal sounds
- How to keep your voice from becoming tired and tense as quickly, finding your best voice to speak longer in one breath
- How to perform as different characters
- Technical topics such as recording equipment and editing.
How Does the Consultation Work?
In this free consultation, Tony will provide you with a ONE-ON-ONE meeting opportunity. You can ask questions and discuss expectations, including what problem you most want to learn or solve in terms of voice training. We will also dive deeper into the basics of how to train for voice acting.
At the same time, we need you to prepare the manuscript or the song you would like to read or sing during the consultation. Based on your performance as a singer or voice actor, Tony Chen will let you know whether you are suitable for this vocal training course and provide you with a personalized plan on how to proceed to the next step.
Schedule with Tony Chen
NOTE: For a FREE consultation, please make sure you click the available time slots below to schedule your time meeting with Tony via Google Calendar. You will see available dates and times for you to choose, and you will be provided an online meeting link after booking. Please be aware that we may need to go beyond 30 mins if necessary.